Whether you are feeding a family or helping with a baby shower you will love this month’s recipe!
TN Webbing has their company picnic every July and you can be sure this month’s recipe was on the desert table… If you get there quickly!
An all-time favorite is my cold fluffy peanut butter pie. I may regret sharing this because my comrades will now know how simple this recipe is to make.
Start with the crust:
- 46 VANILLA WAFERS [OR 12 GRAHAM CRACKERS (THE LARGE SHEET)]
- 3 TABLESPOONS SUGAR
- ¼ TEASPOON COARSE SALT
- 5 TABLESPOONS UNSALTED BUTTER, MELTED
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor, pulse cookies until finely ground (you should have about 1 ½ cups). Add sugar, salt and butter then pulse until combined.
- Firmly press crumb mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake until crust is dry and set, about 8-10 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack before filling.
Now the filling:
- 1/2 CUP OF CREAMY (OR CRUNCHY) PEANUT BUTTER
- 1 – 8 OUNCE PACKAGE CREAM CHEESE, SOFTENED
- 1 CUP POWDERED SUGAR
- 1 TEASPOON OF VANILLA
- 1 – 16 OUNCE PACKAGE WHIPPED TOPPING (SUCH AS COOL WHIP, THAWED)
- In mixer beat the peanut butter with the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar beating until smooth.
- Slowly add milk.
- Add the thawed whipped topping beat until smooth, scraping the sides as needed.
- Pour the filling into the cool crust, swirling the top.
- Chill for at least an hour before serving.
Warning: It’s very rich!
Enjoy with a hot cup of coffee.