Great Gift Idea for the Office
Each Christmas Holiday season there are people in my life (work, church and personal) that I want to give a little gift to show I was thinking about them. Time is a precious thing and I don’t want to spend all of it in the kitchen during the Holidays. That is why I love to make White Chocolate Peppermint Bark. It is quick, easy and delicious!
- 1 package (12 oz. size) of White Chocolate morsels (use a quality brand)
- 6-8 Peppermint candy canes (you can also use 24 hard peppermint candies)
- Line baking sheet with waxed paper
- Microwave the morsels in a medium, microwave safe bowl on MED-HIGH (70% power) for 50 seconds to 1 minute. Stir (using a spatula to easily scrape the melting white chocolate off the sides of the bowl). Microwave at additional 10 -20 second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- Place candy canes or peppermint candy into a gallon size zip bag and crush candy with a rolling pin, meat mallet or other heavy object. Hint: I usually put the candy canes into my food processor and chop them. This way I get some fine power to fold into the white chocolate and some bigger chunks to place on top.
- Empty the contents of the plastic bag or food processor into a fine strainer to separate the power from the bigger pieces. Fold the power into the melted mixture.
- Spread mixture to the thickness you desire (I like mine a little thicker) on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with larger candy pieces (press them into the mixture to better set them.
- Let stand for about an hour (refrigerate mine to set it faster). Once set break into pieces and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Little places of White Chocolate Peppermint Bark make great little gifts for your office mates or for teachers at your child’s school.
Have a very Merry Christmas and enjoy your treats!